Zsuzsa comes from a long line of doctors and therapists. Her mother, a well known psychologist in Hungary, has worked tirelessly with those suffering from mental illness and addiction. In addition, Zsuzsa's grandfather founded the first cardiac hospital in Hungary. This spirit of helping and healing that she witnessed as a child became second nature. She followed the example set by her family into a profession in healing.
Zsuzsa's desire to heal combined with an adventurous spirit led her to immigrate from Hungary at the age of 19. Once in the United States she learned English in 2 years and started her college education at Rutgers, The State University of NJ, in New Brunswick where she earned a BA degree in Psychology in 2000.
With no family in the US for support, to pay for her college education Zsuzsa found massage therapy to be a wonderful healing profession that she mastered quickly. She obtained her massage therapy license from the Swedish Institute of New York City in 1997.
After 10 rewarding years in massage therapy Zsuzsa felt a natural continuation of her healing skills and education would be in the field of Acupuncture. She enrolled in a comprehensive program in Oriental Medicine at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, NY and earned a Masters of Science in 2006.
After obtaining her Acupuncture license and board certification in Chinese Herbology she developed a busy practice in Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. In 2009 she and her husband moved to Holmdel.
Zsuzsa is continuously educating herself with special interest in cancer, addiction, autoimmune diseases and pediatrics. She has taken courses at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital to understand how alternative medicine can help cancer patients. She developed an interest in pediatrics when her then 2 year old daughter was struggling with continuous ear infections and was able to help her without ear tubes and repeated courses of antibiotics. Zsuzsa has also taken continuing education courses in fertility.
Zsuzsa is currently licensed to practice Acupuncture in New York and New Jersey and is nationally Board Certified in both Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
She feels that life is a continuous journey of learning and loving.
Licenses and Credentials:
- Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine
- NY State Licensed Acupuncturist and Board Certified Chinese Herbalist
- BA in Psychology, Licensed Massage Therapist in NY State
- Certified Thai Massage Therapist, Certified Massage Therapist in NJ.
- Licensed in NJ as well as NY
- 2006 Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine, Pacific College , NY
- 2003 Extensive research on Chinese Medicine and Cancer
- 2000 BA degree in Psychology from Rutgers University , NJ
- 1999 Diploma of Traditional Thai Massage Therapy from Wat Po Institute, Thailand
- 1997 Diploma of Massage Therapy from Swedish Institute, NY
- 1995 Diploma of Massage Therapy from Morris Institute of Natural Therapeutics, NJ